2. Keep plenty of blankets (or snuggies) around the house. You can get blankets for less that $15 from Wal-mart, Kmart, $1 stores, family dollars, TJ max, big lots, and even some grocery stores! A warm blanket is waiting for you right around the corner!
3. Wear a sweater! Only turn on the heaters when you are so cold that your sweater, robe, and blankets will not suffice.
4. Shut it up! (or in) Keep the doors and windows closed. Only open them when necessary so that you trap the warm, cozy air IN!
5. Sleep on a heating pad or blanket... Only turn it on at night.
6. Backwards day. Ceiling fans typically have 2 settings. They can spin one way, blowing cold air down, or the opposite direction, pushing cold air up. So when you get cold, switch it up!
7. Cuddle up with your partner, children, and pets. It’s free and warm.
8. Get Active. That’s what InsPirE mE! is all about!!! Play Wii sports, do jumping jacks, squats, or run in place. What a way to get in shape while saving money!
9. Got a fireplace? Use it! Have a family/friends night watching movies, roast marshmallows or tell stories. Fireplaces are energy efficient, save on electricity and wood is a renewable resource. (Visit PlantaBillion.org, arborday.org, or treepeople.org to find out how you can donate or volunteer to renew one of our most valuable resources!) If you are going to use, contribute to create more!!!
10. Eat/Drink something warm. Soup or hot cocoa can warm your entire body, even when the air is chilly. (And maybe add a little hot sauce!) Spicy foods work well too.
11. Think warm thoughts. Positivity is always a good thing. If you think you are warm, you will be warm. VISUALIZATION IS KEY!
12. Invite people over! Friends and Family filling the room will generate more heat. Plus, you will be having so much fun it will take your mind off the chill in the house while you chill with your loved ones. Have a party, have a dance off, play board games, or even the Wii!
13. Go to a friend or family member’s house and run up all of their bills! J